The Kentucky State University dual credit program enables qualifying high school students to enroll in college courses and earn college credits while in high school. Participation with the dual credit program supports the following:
- Students develop a college transcript while in high school
- Students experience college curriculum and instructional methods
- Students shorten the amount of time required to complete a college degree
- Students save money by paying reduced university tuition
Students who wish to enroll in dual credit classes must complete a Dual Credit Application for Admission. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will earn college credit. Participation with the KSU dual credit program will result with the earned grade recorded on an official KSU transcript.
Kentucky State University is included with the Statewide General Education Transfer Policy, therefore college credit attained with KSU is transferrable with most public institutions in Kentucky. Students should verify with post-secondary institutions outside of Kentucky to determine if they accept KSU dual credit courses.
- Be a high school junior or senior. Exceptions are considered for other students if recommended by the school faculty and approved by the Chief Academic Officer of KSU.
- Students must meet minimum KSU admission and placement guidelines.
- Students must complete the KSU Dual Credit Application for Admission and
- Acknowledgement Form to be considered a non-degree seeking student.
How to Apply
- Complete the below documents:
Dual Credit Application
Dual Credit Acknowledgement Form
- Forward completed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or mail the documents to:
Kentucky State University
Office of Continuing and Distance Education
400 E Main Street ASB—Office 503
Frankfort, KY 40601
For Additional Enrollment Information Contact the Office of Continuing and Distance Education: