TOWING AND IMMOBILIZATION
- The person who purchases a parking permit will be held responsible for all parking violations by any vehicle bearing that permit.
- One parking ticket on KSU property without a valid permit may be excused for new faculty, staff and students, if a permit is purchased within seven days from the time the parking ticket was issued.
- An individual who receives 4 or more parking tickets and have not registered their vehicle is subject to being towed.
- No valid parking permit displayed: $35
- Parking outside permitted areas: $25
- Parking in Handicap spaces without proper permits: $100
- Parking in Reserved spaces: $50
- Permit not properly displayed: $10
- Occupying more than one or not in a designated space: $10
- Parking in restricted areas: $45
- Parking in violation of Safety Regulations: $25
- Exceeding limit on Timed Parking Spaces: $25
- Discarding pink copy of Ticket: $20
- Use of Stolen or Fraudulently obtained Permit: $100
- Fines are payable at the Bursar’s office in the Academic Service Building (ASB) between the hours of 8:30 to 3:00 Monday through Friday.
The Kentucky State University Police Department has the authority to have a vehicle towed and or immobilized at the owner’s expense: Towing:
Tow and Storage Fee:
- When a vehicle has not been moved for an extended period of time and appears to be inoperable;
- When a vehicle is parked illegally in a handicapped space;
- When a vehicle is parked illegally in a reserved space;
- When a vehicle displays a parking permit that has been reported lost, stolen, forged or altered;
- When a vehicle is parked in a fire lane, blocking a doorway, dumpster, fire hydrant or emergency exit; or tow away zone;
- When any unregistered vehicle is determined to have four or more unpaid parking tickets.
- When an individual continues to park illegally and amassing numerous parking tickets.
If your vehicle has been towed because of excessive parking tickets, follow the procedure below to retrieve your vehicle:
- Come to the police department to find out how much your parking fines are;
- Pay the fine at the Bursar’s office (located in the ASB building);
- Bring receipt of payment back to the police department and you will be given a release form to give to the tow company.
Tow company: P&R TOWING
965 GLENNS CREEK
FRANKFORT, KY 40601
P & R towing will need the following information to pick up your vehicle:
Towing fee (ALL FEES FOR TOWING IS PAID TO THE TOW COMPANY):
- The release form
- And you must show them a valid driver license or KSU student ID
- If there is no release form needed you will need a valid driver license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
If the vehicle is left at the tow company’s impound lot over 30 days it becomes the property of the tow company. Fees are subject to change without notification.Students:
$85.00 first day, this includes $65 for the tow and $20 for storage. Storage fee is $20 per day. Non-Students:
$122.50 first day, this includes $97.50 for the tow and $25 for storage. Storage fee is $25 per day.
If you get to your vehicle before the tow truck driver leaves with your vehicle, you can pay a drop fee of $45 for students and $65 for non-student. Immobilized:
- If a vehicle is immobilized, the fee for removing the boot is $25(cash) to be paid at the police department.
- If the boot is in place more than 24 hours without payment the vehicle will be towed.
- If a vehicle drives away with the boot on the vehicle and causes damage, the owner/operator is responsible for paying for the replacement. The replacement cost is $350.