The KSU Co-op Word is “Career, Opportunity, Occupation and Position”.
Career – Individual Development of the student and his eventual Full Participation in Society
Opportunity – Cooperative Education gives the student an opportunity to have work experience while he/she learns
Position – Job placement upon graduation
Cooperative Education is a program which combines work experience with academic study. This program enables students to prepare more realistically for their future careers. The overall aim of experience-based learning is to improve the competence of the student and encourage cooperation and understanding between the academic and employment communities by:
1) providing a superior educational program through the integration of planned and structured career work experience with classroom instruction.
2) Expanding opportunities for students to explore career options through work experiences.
3) Assisting students in reducing educational costs.
4) Providing private and public sector employers the opportunity to observe and evaluate student employees, thus facilitating personnel selection processes.
5) Facilitating exposure and comprehension of educational needs and objectives by faculty, students, and employers.
For more information contact:
The Office of Counseling, Cooperative Education & Career Planning & Placement