To conduct the business affairs of Kentucky State University, supporting KSU’s mission through cash management, grants administration, general accounting, and financial reporting; to provide timely and accurate financial information to our students, faculty, staff, administration, Board of Regents, vendors, and state and federal agencies; and provide courteous and responsive service to our customers.
- To develop and apply knowledge of financial practices and standards to safeguard University assets, ensuring public funds are maintained in accordance with state, federal and local regulations.
- To accurately reflect the financial condition of the University in accordance with all Federal, State, and other sponsoring agency financial/administrative requirements, along with generally accepted accounting principles, governmental accounting standards, and internal control requirements.
- To ensure timely and accurate financial information in order to meet internal and external financial reporting and audit requirements of the University.
- To fully utilize all modules of the financial records system.
- To work more efficiently and effectively by reducing mundane and redundant tasks.
- To establish, revise, and document business processes performed by unit and administrative regulations consistent with work processes.
- To implement procedures, controls and administrative regulations to minimize audit exceptions,
- To train the campus community in the use and application of proper accounting methods according to general and restricted guidelines.