A) VENDORS/SPONSORS RESPONSIBILITY
- Authorizations must clearly state student’s name, social security number, term(s) covered, what is and is not covered, contact person’s name, phone number, fax number and billing address.
- If an authorization has been honored and the student is terminated from your agency, you should seek reimbursement from the student.
- Payment is due within 30 days from date of invoice.
- Authorizations will not be contingent upon grades, attendances, etc.
- Always notify the University immediately of changes to your authorizations.
- Payments may be made via check or electronic funds transfer. Please contact the Bursars Office for information regarding electronic funds transfer.
B) STUDENT’S RESPONSIBILITY
- Authorizations and or purchase orders should be presented to the Bursar’s Office on or before registration every semester. If your authorization is for more than the present semester (e.g. multiple semesters) inform the Bursar’s Office after you have registered. Authorizations may be faxed, mailed, emailed from your sponsor, or presented in person. The funds will not be applied without the paperwork.
- You are responsible for payment of your tuition & fees if the authorization is not received before the first official class day. An authorization may be presented later in the semester if your sponsor is waiting for grades. Once the authorization is received and applied to your account, a refund will be generated for those students who have already paid with personal funds.
- You are responsible for all applicable penalties (late fees, reinstatement fees, etc.). Your classes may be cancelled if the authorization is not presented by the published payment deadline.
- Refunds will not be issued unless your tuition is paid in full and you do not owe any other outstanding debts to the University.
- Account adjustments (corrections, sponsor disallowances, etc) can create a balance on your account at any time. You must pay any balance that is not covered by your sponsor. Please check our Payment Options page for more information. Holds will be placed on your account for any outstanding balance.
- Please keep your address and phone number current. This information can be updated by accessing your student account using the Student Information System.
- If you leave/withdraw from KSU you must notify the Bursar’s Office to avoid billing complications or holds on your account.
C) KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY RESPONSIBILITY
- Once the authorization has been received by the Bursar’s Office, your sponsoring agency will be invoiced.
- If a balance remains, a bill will be sent to you.
- If adjustments are made that create a balance on your account, we will send you a bill. If the adjustment creates a credit balance, a refund will be generated.