Twenty-five years ago, a group of community leaders imagined what could happen if Kentucky’s best and brightest were brought together to learn firsthand about the complex issues that impact the state. Thus, Leadership Kentucky and its Board of Directors were born.
“Leadership Kentucky graduates will bring a broadened perspective to their communities and serve as important participants in the unified effort to shape Kentucky’s future,” said Wilson W. Wyatt Sr., Leadership Kentucky founding chair.
The organization’s goal of preparing participants to take an active role in advancing the state for the common good drives the Leadership Kentucky program. The information participants receive each year during the seven-month program inspires them to commit to future endeavors that benefit Kentucky and its people. By fostering understanding among community and regional leaders, Leadership Kentucky graduates bring a fresh and informed perspective to their communities and companies, serving as important participants in the unified effort to advance Kentucky’s future.
Twenty-five years later, alumni of the Leadership Kentucky program are:
Leadership Kentucky Graduates from Kentucky State University are:
- Key leaders in business and industry.
- Serving the Commonwealth as elected public officials
- Key participants on. boards and committees providing myriad expertise to many non-profit organizations.
- Educated and prepared for leadership. opportunities in their careers and communities.
- Benefiting communities, large and small, through committed and informed public and community service.
Dr. Mary Evans Sias, Board Member
Dr. Ivory Griskell ’08
Dr. Kimberly Holmes ’07
Ms. Angela Curry ’06
Dr. Fariba Bigdeli-Jahed ’03
Mr. Reginald Thomas ’85