To learn about official delays and closings of Kentucky State University during inclement weather, employees and the public can:
1. Tune in to the following television stations
WHAS 11, WAVE 3, FOX 41, WLKY 32 (Louisville)
WLEX 18, WKYT 27, WTVQ 36, FOX 56 (Lexington)
Cable 10 (Frankfort)
2. Listen to the following radio stations
1490 AM (Forever Communications)
940 AM (Forever Communications)
103.7 FM (Forever Communications)
104.9 FM (Forever Communications)
107.9 FM (LM Communications)
WVLK AM 590 (Lexington)
WUKY 91.3 FM (Lexington)
3. Call the University Switchboard at (502) 597-6000.
Do not call University Police. All inclement weather notifications are posted as early as possible. They are to be interpreted as follows:
- One-Hour Delay means that classes which meet at 8 a.m. have been canceled. Regular class schedules resume at 9 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; and 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Campus workers with an 8 a.m. reporting time report at 9 a.m. for the specified date.
- Two-Hour Delay means that all 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. classes which meet on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays have been canceled; regular class schedules resume at 10 a.m. All 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. classes that meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays have been canceled. Regular class schedules resume that afternoon. Campus workers with an 8 a.m. reporting time report at 10 a.m. for the specified date.
- Classes Canceled means all classes have been canceled for a specified time and date. Campus workers are to report to work unless notified that only essential personnel are to report: security officers, cafeteria works and other personnel designated by the supervisor as essential.
- University Closed means classes have been canceled and offices are closed for business for specified date.
* All essential workers (Aramark, Facilities Services and University Police) are required to report to work at normal times unless instructed otherwise.