An e-mail scam has been forwarded to several Kentucky State E-mail account holders. The subject of the email reads “Verify Your Kysu Account Now”. This message was not generated by Information Technology, therefore, do not respond to that e-mail should you receive it. It is an attempt to gather your user name and password in order to pass e-mail viruses through the KSU network. Again, please do not respond. Delete the message from both your inbox and your deleted items folder to insure you have removed it from your e-mail account.
If you have any questions or if you have responded to the bogus e-mail please contact IT at 5733, we will be glad to assist you.
Kentucky State University has a new state-of-the-art notification system in place to notify you instantly in case of emergency.
Through KSU Alert, get information about inclement weather closings or delays, major campus emergencies or disasters by registering your cell phone and e-mail address at http://www.kysu.edu/alert.
Note: Use your login User ID and Password to get signed up
You must be on campus to register.
All students, faculty and staff are strongly urged to register.
All standard text message rates apply.
For more information, call KSU's IT Help Desk at 597-5733.
• Shutting down your PC at the close of business is very important.
• For security reasons PC should be shutdown each night. DO NOT LEAVE IT LOGGED ON
• VPN users should shutdown PC once logged into the host PC in your office.
• Never leave PC logged on while unattended, this will cut down on unauthorized access to privacy protected data on the system.
• Enable A password-enabled screen saver to help protect the information displayed on your computer screen. This feature will automatically lock your PC should you walk away. It can only be unlock by the user logged on.
• Protect data stored on your hard drive.
• For security reasons, all user should be logged out of SIS, FRS and HRS before leaving at the close of business.
Shutting down your PC allows applications to update and synchronize during this process.
System Shutdown Period
During the production process, the files will be closed. Please note the following:
1. Unavailable SIS, FRS, HRS and Wired
2. Hours Unavailable 11:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m.
Other systems such as Blackboard, Outlook, and the Internet will remain operational. Please call the Help Desk: 597-5733 if you have questions.