In todays environment it is a ongoing task to keep our network system up to date with the critical updates, therefore, we in trust each individual in doing their share to help with this process. Using good security practices is a must at all cost. Becoming aware of the risks that associated with security issues can be put to good use while learning safety practices. Implementing acts for personal protection as well as protection for the University is very important and should not be taken lightly.
Unfortunately, no network is 100% secure. The object is to make both wired and wireless networks more secure at all times.
Wireless Security Tips
• Know the Universities policies
• Enable security features
• Enable HTTPS
• Log off connection when not in use
• Disable the Auto-Connect feature
• Do Not Use the Remember my password feature
• Never share you network password